We invite you to become involved
in all that is happening at
St. Ignatius Parish,
a diverse community
under the care of the Jesuits
for more than 110 years.
SIGN UP IS NOT REQUIRED FOR MASSES:
SATURDAY 5:00 PM (beginning 6-5-21)
& SUNDAY 10:30 AM
TUESDAY & THURSDAY AT 12:00 PM
Reconciliation on Saturday from 3:30 ~ 4:30 PM
Three Summer Projects
The Children’s Book Bank Here’s how you can help the Children’s Book Bank:
· Bring gently used (or new) board and picture books and place them in the donation bin located in the Church. Consider buying or donating culturally diverse books as these are especially needed and appreciated. Your books will be cleaned and prepared to go to households that need books.
· Participate in our service evening on July 7th. We will learn more about the work and mission of the CBB and we will help with the book cleaning and repairing process right here at St. Ignatius Church. Learn more at: childrensbookbank.org
Soles4Souls Turning shoes and clothing into opportunity.
Here’s how you can help Soles4Souls:
· Bring your old shoes and clothing and place it in the appropriate bins at Church. Your donations will help the planet, provide relief and jobs for others, and help fight poverty. Learn more at: soles4souls.org
Tibbetts House Here’s how you can help The Tibbetts House:
· Put your mission box in a prominent location at home. Collect money in your mission box throughout our Summer Faith Adventures. Bring it to our concluding evening on July 28th. Your contribution will help buy needed household items and cleaning supplies for the refugee families who reside at the Tibbetts House.
· Consider becoming a regular volunteer and learning more here: sipdx.org/refugee-ministry
Spiritual Exercises ONLINE Retreat 2021-2022 – Applications accepted NOW!
SEEL Portland is a ministry of Jesuits West which gives people the opportunity to experience the Spiritual Exercises of Saint Ignatius in their everyday lives over a period of nine months. The Spiritual Exercises are composed of meditations, prayers, and contemplative practices developed by St. Ignatius Loyola to help people deepen their relationship with God. The Exercises present a pathway to deeper prayer, good decisions guided by keen discernment, and an active life of service to others.
The SEEL Retreat 2021-2022
Due to current health concerns, the 2021-2022 SEEL retreat will be an online experience. We are excited to be able to offer the Spiritual Exercises in a format that will open the retreat experience to graces in unexpected ways. The retreat will offer…
· one-on-one spiritual direction twice a month
· a two-and-a-half hour monthly retreat
· small group sharing/listening
a book for reflection and prayer
Advance registration is required. Applications accepted NOW!
2021-2022 Online SEEL Retreat applications accepted June 10, 2021 - August 10, 2021.
The retreat begins September 13, 2021 – check monthly retreat dates and apply at:
The Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA)
If you are in the process of discerning whether the Catholic Church is your spiritual home, consider registering for the '21-'22 RCIA class.
This class meets weekly and is a place to explore your faith, examine your beliefs, and recognize God's presence in your life. Contact Grace Byrd for more information, or simply register for the class on our website, and Grace will get in touch with you! Click here.
JVEnCorps Recruitment Postings: 2021-22
Posting for Parishes
Looking for Ways to Serve Our Community?
Jesuit Volunteer EnCorps, a program of JVC Northwest, facilitates fulfilling opportunities for service, community, and spiritual formation for adults 50+ who are committed to social and ecological justice. In addition to part-time volunteer service, members meet monthly online or in-person, creating spiritual community through shared reflection. Our values are rooted in the Catholic Ignatian tradition, and JV EnCorps is an inclusive and welcoming community of folks from all faith perspectives.
Already engaged in service through your parish ministry or a local nonprofit organization? JV EnCorps could be the perfect way for you to add additional support, reflection, and personal growth to your current volunteer service.
Learn more about what JV EnCorps service is like:
Priority application deadline: August 31, 2021. Opening Retreat in September. For more info and to apply, visit www.jvencorps.org.